If you have found that one amazing plan with a telecom company other than Jio that can serve you better than Jio and the network strength is also better in your area, then it’s time to port your number to that particular telecom company. In this article, we will discuss the easy steps which will explain how to port Jio number to other telecom companies.
How to get the port code for your mobile number?
The TRAI or Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has made sure that the initiation of the porting process is as simple as possible. They have a central number for mobile porting i.e. 1900. All you need to do is to send an SMS to this number in the prescribed format i.e. “PORT YOURNUMBER” without inverted commas. In a matter of few seconds, you will get an SMS that will contain your porting code. You need to keep in mind that this porting code is only valid for 15 days and after that, you have to regenerate it via the same process.
- How To Take Loan in Jio
- How to Know Jio Number
- Jio USSD codes List
- Jio Net Balance Check
- 【 Jio DTH Channel List
Now you need to visit the nearest office of the telecom company that you want to shift your Jio number to and ask the customer care executive there to assist you. The person on the counter will take care of the rest of the process. Depending on the company, the process may take up to seven days.
Porting Jio number to Airtel number
If you want to port Jio to Airtel you may find the process simpler and easier. Airtel may have a reputation of irritating its customers in some areas but overall their executives at Airtel stores are very helpful. In order to shift your number to Airtel or any other telecom company per say, you will need photo and ID proof for the KYC documentation.
“PORT Your Airtel NUMBER” to 1900 eg > PORT 7676787878 send to 1900
You can use eKYC via Aadhaar to make the process even faster.
- How to Take Loan in Vodafone
- Vodafone Unlimited Calling Plan
- How To Know Vodafone Number
- Vodafone USSD Code List
- How To Check Vodafone Net Balance
Make sure you do not owe any money to Jio before you initiate the process and there is more than Rs.19 in the account as the fees of porting a number is Rs.19.
Porting Jio number to Idea number
The idea is known for amazing speed in some of the areas. The company has improved its network a lot in the past few years. If you are planning to port Jio to Idea, the first step remains the same. You have to send the SMS to 1900 as mentioned above and take the porting code to the nearest Idea store.
Generally porting to idea takes 7-10 business days to complete. The new telecom operator will give you a SIM which you have to replace with the current SIM once the porting is done.
- How to Take loan in Idea Loan Code
- How To Know Idea Number
- 【 Idea USSD codes List 2018 】
- Idea Net balance Check
Porting Jio number to Vodafone number
Vodafone lacks a little behind in speeding up the process of porting numbers. If you have a stronger network of Vodafone in your area and want to port Jio to Vodafone initiate the porting process and ask the Vodafone executive to help you in completing the porting process. It may take up to 7 days to complete it with Vodafone.
Porting Jio number to BSNL number
Being a government operated telecom company BSNL network stays active even in the remote areas of the country. If you are planning to port Jio to BSNL make sure to have all the documents intact and once KYC is done it may take up to 10 days to complete the process.
If you have paid all the bills and have enough balance in your Jio number, the process will be simpler for you. Once the porting is done replace the old SIM with the new one and enjoy the network.
- BSNL Net Balance for 2g 3g Internet Balance Validity through USSD Code
- How to Know Jio Number Data Usage, Jio Balance in USSD Code
- Jio USSD codes List Check Jio Balance Internet Data Validity
- Jio Net Balance Check Through My Jio App – USSD Code
- How To Know Idea Number【Idea Own Mobile Number USSD Code 】
- 【 Idea USSD codes List 2018 】Balance Loan Own Number Offer Code
- Idea Net balance Check For 2g 3G 4G Prepaid Sim Card Idea USSD Code
- 【Airtel DTH Channels List 】With Price Number & PDF
- How To Know Vodafone Number OR Check Vodafone Own Number Via USSD Code
- Vodafone USSD Code List for 2g 3g Net Balance Check Data Check
- How To Check Vodafone Net Balance Prepaid Online With USSD Code
- How To Know Airtel Number【Airtel Own Mobile Number】
- Airtel USSD Codes 100% Working Latest Airtel Complete USSD Code